DEPARTMENT: Artistic Programming
REPORTS TO: Technical Director
CLASSIFICATION: Non-exempt (hourly)
This is an on call as needed position with no guarantee of hours. This position will require upon hiring, a drug test and criminal background check
Minimum of two years of theatrical production experience or two years of course studies in theater; basic knowledge of orchestral layouts, staging, audio, lighting or video; ability to interact effectively with other team members with variety of personalities; attention to detail and to the highest standards of theatrical production and concert presentation.
- Assist full time technical staff
- Set up and take down of various technical systems to include, lighting, staging, audio and video
- Load equipment and cases; Drive truck for events at the New World Center and transportation of equipment
- Set the stage according to the conductor’s specifications and provide the best possible working environment for the musicians
- Work flexible hours, to be determined by the Technical Director, that include normal business hours, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Performs all other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
One or more of the following is required:
- Knowledge of staging set up
- Basic knowledge of stage lighting set ups; knowledge of the GrandMA, ETC and Vari*Lites is a plus
- Basic knowledge of audio set ups; knowledge of the Digico D1 Live, and Lectrosonics microphone wireless system is a plus
- Basic knowledge of video projectors and software; knowledge of the Coolux/Pandora’s Box, Sony Ex3 Camera’s, Telemetrics robotic camera system, and/or a Grass Valley Kayak switcher is a plus
PHYSICAL AND WORKING DEMANDS:
The physical and working demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary and environmental characteristics present to successfully perform the essential functions of the Part-Time Production Technician. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the Part-Time Production Technician. The Part-Time Production Technician is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is constantly required to exert various types of physical exertion, such as prolonged reaching, bending, kneeling, and lifting. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The Part-Time Production Technician works in indoor and outdoor work settings with mild to adverse exposure to environmental hazards and must be able to climb stairs and ladders and walk long distances to access all areas of the facility. The noise level in the work environment is usually mild to loud. The employee in this position works in varying settings and will be subject to noise and atmospheric conditions such as fumes, odor, dust, etc.
Many events will require non-traditional office hours that include nights & weekends during season. The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Salary commensurate with experience
APPLICATIONS AND DEADLINE:
Submit cover letter and résumé to email@example.com by January 31, 2015. No phone calls, please.