DEPARTMENT: Musician Advancement
REPORTS TO: Senior Vice President and Dean
SUPERVISES: Musician Advancement Intern (when applicable)
In support of the New World Symphony’s institutional mission, the Assistant to the Dean/Manager of Community Engagement provides administrative support to the Senior Vice President and Dean and coordinates NWS’ Community Engagement training, concerts and activities. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to hone skills and gain experience in a variety of aspects of higher education, arts management and community engagement, depending on his/her interests and experience.
Required: Baccalaureate degree and 1-3 years of arts management experience in an administrative role; strong people skills, strong written and verbal communication skills; the ability to prioritize and manage numerous tasks with high attention to detail; a high degree of organization; a working knowledge of classical music; the ability to interact positively, sensitively and with diverse people in a variety of settings; proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, ArtsVision, and Tessitura; willingness to be flexible in scheduling of work hours. Position requires utmost discretion and confidentiality.
Good driving record and personal vehicle required for Community Engagement work.
Desired: Experience working with schools or community-based organizations, fluency in Spanish.
Under the direction of the Dean, responsible for:
- Providing general administrative support particularly in the areas of scheduling, contact management, expense reports and reimbursements, and travel
- Facilitating communication and meetings with Fellows, staff, trustees and other high-profile contacts; drafting correspondence; fielding phone calls
- Preparing information needed for the Dean’s meetings
- Scheduling regular department meetings, distributing agendas, taking notes as needed and communicating follow-up tasks, maintaining the time-off calendar for the department
- Providing administrative support for the National Association of Schools of Music re-accreditation processes
- Arranging travel, accommodations, logistics and schedules for participants in the NWS Sounding Board Series and leadership programs, as well as managing the logistics of these programs
- Managing in ArtsVision all Fellow transcripts
- Managing the budget for the Musician Advancement department and coordinating the budget and reforecast process with the Finance department
- Executing basic research requests
- Performing all other duties as required
Under the direction of the Director of Community Engagement, responsible for:
- Coordinating performances, coachings and the interaction of Fellows with community partners at the New World Center, in the Miami area, internationally and via distance technologies
- Database upkeep including tagging Community Engagement events in ArtsVision to appear on institutional weekly schedules, entering NWS’ Community Engagement contacts in Tessitura and entering Fellow’s Community Engagement participation in ArtsVision
- Organizing meetings and social events related to Community Engagement
- Participating in the creation of and working within program budgets
- Helping prepare reports and statistical data as needed
- Maintaining effective communication and positive relationships with external partners
- Staffing Musician Advancement-related events as needed (including some evening and weekend events)
- Driving Fellows to Community Engagement events as needed
Salary commensurate with experience; extensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability and life insurance; paid vacation, personal, sick and designated holiday leave; employer-matched 401k plan.
APPLICATIONS AND DEADLINE:
Submit cover letter and résumé to email@example.com by December 19, 2014.