REPORTS TO: Director of Web Development
- BA in computer science, business administration or related field
- Ability to interact effectively as a team player with a variety of people
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized with attention to detail and quality
- Ability to manage numerous simultaneous projects, in a demanding, multi-activity work environment
Platform Familiarity – SQL Server 2008 and up, ASP.net, Internet Information Services 6.0 and higher.
Software Familiarity – Adobe CS5, Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 and higher, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Management Studio, IE 8-current, Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox. Tessitura experience a plus.
Strategy & Planning
- In consultation with the Director of Audience Development, collaborate with Director of Web Development to support production of large-scale website enhancements or updates
- Regularly provide information about new trends and/or opportunities that could further NWS' strategic initiatives
- Identify social media trends and/or opportunities to enhance engagement and awareness of NWS
- Provide regular reports of website traffic and trends using Google Analytics
Web Content Management
- Assist to establish and follow update schedule for www.nws.edu, www.newworldcenter.com and other digital platforms of the New World Symphony
- Regularly audit both websites and proactively identify areas where information is expired or soon to be expired and regularly report.
- Edit .aspx pages using standard XHTML, HTML, and possible inline styles
- Notify department of upcoming artwork/copy/programming needs in time to keep information up-to-date
- Work with Box Office to keep NWS and rental performance and promotion information and sales setting/info up-to-date on both websites
Graphic Design Support
- Collaborate with Creative Director to enhance departmental graphic design capacity, with a focus on creation of graphic and video assets for www.nws.edu, www.newworldcenter.com and online promotions/advertisements.
PLEASE NOTE: Many events will require non-traditional office hours that include nights & weekends during season. The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Salary commensurate with experience; extensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability and life insurance; paid vacation, personal, sick and designated holiday leave; employer-matched 401k plan.
APPLICATIONS AND DEADLINE:
Submit cover letter and résumé to Marketing@nws.edu by August 15, 2014. No phone calls, please.