Events & Tickets
A DIGITAL MEMBERSHIP PROGRAM
Become a founding member of NWS Inside and help shape the future of classical music!
The New World Symphony is channeling the power of its groundbreaking concert series and state-of-the-art online connection capabilities to launch NWS Inside—a new digital membership program that brings unforgettable experiences right to your home.
As an NWS Insider, you’ll experience incredible performances, hear from some of the most influential musicians in the world and be a part of the conversation about how classical music organizations can better reflect the communities they serve.
You also join the New World Symphony philanthropic family, investing in our mission of training young musicians for leadership roles in classical music and serving as the Research & Development arm for classical music organizations.
Annual Membership: $150, which includes all of the below benefits and a $50 tax-deductible contribution to NWS.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Season-long on-demand access to 12 digital concert streams
- Exclusive access to NWS events, which may include:
- Behind-the-scenes conversations with NWS guest artists, Fellows, and producers
- Master classes, talks from leading musicologists, mock auditions, musician wellness programs and more
- Member-only watch parties and pre- or post- concert talks with the artists
- Select NWS archival concerts
- Discounts on tickets to in-person NWS concerts at the New World Center and on the road
- Digital program notes, artist biographies and more
- Invitations to converse with and offer input to NWS leadership as they craft future programs
- Inclusion in the Donor Listing in the NWS season program listings
- And additional surprises and bonus content throughout the season
2021-22 NWS INSIDE EVENTS
- Saturday, October 9 at 7:30 PM Eastern: LIVE: NWS Season Opening Concert
- Conductor and NWS alumnus Christian Reif joins mezzo-soprano Sasha Cooke for a special performance of works by Samuel Coleridge-Taylor, Gustav Mahler and Robert Schumann.
- Free on YouTube: https://youtu.be/GHmoCp4aKsI
- Saturday, November 20 at 7:30 PM Eastern: LIVE: Brahms and Sibelius Concert
- Renowned violinist Augustin Hadelich returns for Jean Sibelius’ Concerto and Christian Reif leads Julia Perry’s A Short Piece for Orchestra and Johannes Brahms’ First Symphony.
- Saturday, December 4 at 7:30 PM Eastern: Weill's New Night Music Concert
- New Music at New World Symphony! This concert features a new (rediscovered) work by Kurt Weill, and unique chamber works featuring cellist Oliver Herbert and dancers from Kyle Marshall Choreography.
- Saturday, December 18 at 7:30 PM Eastern: LIVE: Sounds of the Season Holiday Concert
- NWS’s beloved Holiday Concert has Fellows decked out in their finest and funniest holiday costumes. Together we celebrate a variety of cultural heritages and the magic of the season.
- Saturday, January 8 at 7:30 PM Eastern: Lyric, Preludes and Omens Concert
- A delightful mix of chamber music, string ensemble and full orchestra works, including George Walker’s stunning Lyric for Strings and Franz Liszt’s Les préludes
- Saturday, January 29 at 7:30 PM Eastern: Scheherazade and Gershwin Concert
- Jazz pianist Aaron Diehl performs a new edition of George Gershwin’s Concerto in F and conductor Marin Alsop leads Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov’s evocative Scheherazade.
- Saturday, February 5 at 7:30 PM: LIVE: Harlem Renaissance Concert
- Finale performance of NWS’s multi-disciplinary festival exploring and celebrating the Harlem Renaissance.
- Saturday, March 12 at 7:30 PM Eastern: Rachmaninoff’s Piano Concert
- Pianist George Li makes his NWS debut performing Sergei Rachmaninoff’s staggering Second Piano Concerto—a virtuosic feat! Conductor Rafael Payare leads Edward Elgar’s Enigma Variations and Inocente Carreño’s Margariteña.
- Saturday, March 26 at 8:00 PM Eastern: LIVE: Tchaikovsky’s Fourth Concert
- Piotr Ilych Tchaikovsky’s Fourth Symphony is a sonic exploration of fate, fury and victory led by Roderick Cox. Cellist Zuill Bailey makes his NWS debut with Victor Herbert’s Second Concerto.
- Saturday, April 9 at 8:00 PM Eastern: LIVE: Latin Love and Lore Concert
- Latin ensemble People of Earth join NWS Fellows and conductor Teddy Abrams for the world premiere of a work by Dafnis Prieto, along with works by Gabriela Lena Frank, Leonard Bernstein and Aaron Copland.
- Saturday, May 7 at 8:00 PM Eastern: LIVE: Season Finale Concert with MTT and Gil Shaham
- Michael Tilson Thomas closes NWS’s 34th season with Gustav Mahler’s Fifth Symphony, Ludwig van Beethoven’s Creatures of Prometheus Overture and Joseph Boulogne’s Violin Concerto played by the incomparable Gil Shaham.
- Saturday, May 21 at 7:30 PM Eastern: Montero's Latin Concerto Concert
- Phenom pianist Gabriela Montero performs her own Latin Concerto before joining conductor Xian Zhang in conversation. NWS Cello Fellow Ben Fryxell performs B.A. Zimmerman’s Songs of Hope as the NWS Concerto Competition Winner.
- Saturday, June 4 at 7:30 PM Eastern: Primous Fountain Concert
- MTT and NWS Fellows explore the music of Primous Fountain—An American Original and MTT’s longtime friend and colleague.
Founded in 1987 by the trailblazing conductor and musical maverick Michael Tilson Thomas and Miami philanthropists Ted and Lin Arison, New World Symphony prepares young musicians for leadership roles in classical music worldwide. NWS is a laboratory for how music is taught, presented and experienced. With an orchestra made up of dynamic young musicians at the start of their careers, each granted a three-year fellowship, NWS offers in-depth exposure to traditional and modern repertoire, professional development and entrepreneurial training and personalized experiences working with leading guest conductors, soloists and visiting faculty. Each year new Fellows join the orchestra, and our alumni corps of over 1,150 Fellows have taken on roles in orchestras and musical ensembles around the globe—maybe even in your community!